Cognitive Psychologist Scott Barry Kaufman is known for his research and writing on intelligence, creativity, and human potential. In this clip, briefly discusses the relationship between motivation and creativity and how our environment has a profound effect on this relationship.
People are born with enthusiasm—children want to create, but they lose interest after about the third grade. This is because they start to become motivated by external rewards and their focus is more related to their ego. Intrinsic motivation on the other hand leads to an inspired mindset and passion, which is of course conducive to generating ideas. So what’s the trick? Stay wacky, stay silly, keep playing and your creative spirit will thrive!
Motivation and creativity in Barcelona
- Find a creative environment: do you want to find a work space where your creativity can be explored and appreciated? Check out our post about the best co-working spaces for creatives in Barcelona.
- Looking for new activities to push your creative limits? Take a look at our workshops in Barcelona.
- Appreciating art is a creative exercise. Find events in exhibitions happening now.
- Build a creative community – get to know local artists and makers
- Look here for more articles with creative inspiration!