We’re glad you found us!
FrikiFish is a blog and online shop dedicated to sharing original art and creative resources in Barcelona. We’re interested in all kinds of creative expressions—urban or street art, performing arts, painting, sculpting, etc.
We’re especially interested in how the local community chooses to express itself through art. Barcelona is a versatile city. She has a large international creative community that continues to grow and diversify. We’re here to support this growing group of artists and their many initiatives.
Here is an example of how local artists are rallying together in order to convert an empty lot destined to become a new hotel into a cultural park instead.
Calling all art-loving vloggers & bloggers in Barcelona
Share your opinions and impressions from art events and experiences related to creativity and culture in Barcelona.
We welcome the following contributions:
- Reviews of classes and workshops
- Reviews of expositions at museums or in small galleries
- Artist interviews
- Articles about upcoming artistic events
- Advice pieces
- Personal experiences, tips and inspiration
Tell us about you and your projects
Are you an artist? Please send us an email [email@example.com] if you are interested in participating in an online interview. In fact, we invite you to send us any ideas or proposals for collaboration.
All contributing writers and video bloggers get an “about the author” section with their post. This includes a short bio with a head-shot and description of your work. You can also include links and contact information. This a great way to gain visibility and exposure for you and your projects.
Ideally, articles should run about 700 to 800 words. Longer is okay, but please try to keep it below 1,200 words.
As mentioned above, we’re looking for content related to art and creativity in or around Barcelona. These can be reviews, interviews, informative pieces about upcoming events, etc. We want articles that inspire, give fresh perspectives and timely insights into current trends and inform readers about upcoming activities.
If you have an idea for an article, you may want to pitch it to us first. Please send a short description outlining what your piece will be to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to confirm our interest in publishing your article and send you feedback.
Before sending in your article
- Send in original work only please. FrikiFish requests that contributed articles remain exclusive to our site for 3-5 business days. Afterwards, they may be published on other sites.
- Make sure your article isn’t overly self-promotional. Mentions of your work should be used to demonstrate your knowledge on a topic. Otherwise, links to your books, company or products can be added to the “about the author” section, not in the main text.
- Proof your writing for typos, spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Link to your sources and and related resources
- Include a short bio, head-shot and any images relevant to your blog
Please send all contributions to info@FrikiFish.com