The dates of the Drap-Art’23 Festival in the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona are now confirmed: it will be held from October 28 to December 21 in several emblematic places in the neighborhood, such as Las Ramblas, Plaza Real, Plaza del Rey, Plaza de la Mercè , Carabassa street, d’en Groc street, Villa del Arte Galleries at de la Palla street 10, and others to be confirmed.
The exhibition of the artists selected by the open call will take place from November 17 to December 10 at the Centre d’Artesania Catalunya (Center of Crafts of Catalonia), at Baños Nuevos street 11.
The call for artists is now open!
We invite you to send your proposals until July 15, to participate in the 27th edition of the Festival of sustainable art and creativity.
1. Complete the Google forms according to the modality to which the work is being presented
2. Fill in all the fields
3. Submit a maximum of 5 works and upload jpg images of the pieces (with white or black background)
4. Submit a PDF with the following information:
- Name, last Name
- Alias or pseudonym of the artist (optional)
- Date and place of birth (City or town and country)
- Website and/or social networks (if applicable)
- Biography of maximum 300 words. Keep in mind that we are NOT asking for a CV or an autobiography, that is, what we want is a descriptive text about your career as an artist in the third person. If it exceeds 300 words we will not continue reading and we will consider it as incomplete.
- Motivation as an artist. Here you have to express your motivation as an artist. Keep in mind that you don’t
we will consider non-constructed arguments, for example: “because I like it” is not a valid answer.
- Description of the work (Up to 5). This section is devoted to the descriptive introduction of the artwork.
- Images of the artwork. They must include at least 1 image of each work that is presented, with its technical sheet (title, year of creation, measurements, technique and materials). If you want you can also include photos of other works of yours, for reference.4
- In applications for the audiovisual modality, the video or a link to a downloadable format must be uploaded and a jpg cover photo must be included.
- The retail price. You must include any cost such as taxes or the 50% Drap-Art commission and the value to be insured. No changes can be made to the prices indicated on the application form, after it has been sent
- Drap-Art will cover the transport and maintenance costs of the exhibited work with an amount of €100 per selected artist. The production costs of the activities and interventions in the public space will be covered according to the particular needs of each project and the budgetary availability of the Drap-Art Association.
- To be able to participate in the call you have to be a member of Drap-Art. To join, go to the following link, where you will find the registration form.
NOTICE: Applications that do not follow the guidelines indicated in the application requirements will not be considered for selection.
The application must include all the documentation both in PDF format and in the google docs form with the images in JPG. Send BOTH separately
Very important: Images have to be named properly.
How to name the images:
Images in jpg that are uploaded directly to google forms must include the following information in the file name:
- Last name and first name of the artist
- Title of the artwork
- Measurements in cm (height x length x width)
- Year of creation
- Materials and techniques used
They will thus be as follows:
Works of art: Surname-Name-Title_of_the_piece_of-art-Year of creation-Midas-technique+materials
Audiovisuals: Surname_Name-Title-Year of creation-Duration.
Audiovisual cover photo: Surname_Name-Title-Year of creation-Duration
N.B. All this information has to be contained in a PDF and all the fields of the Google forms also have to be filled out. The images of the artworks must also be both in the PDF and uploaded directly to the Google forms, in JPG format.
Links to the forms
Fill out the Google forms according to the modality to which you are presenting your work