Ceramics Mold Making and Slip Casting
July 19 @ 10:00 am - July 24 @ 2:00 pm
Slip casting is a ceramic technique for the production of pottery and other ceramic art, especially for shapes not easily made on the potter's wheel.
Let's quickly walk through the process!
Creating ceramics from a mold
First, you need a product to use to create your mold. It can be a sculpture of piece of pottery you've made yourself. It can be a commercial product you want to re-create.
There are so many options - let your imagination run wild!
Next, you use your product to create a mold from plaster. Mold-making for ceramics is a complex process. There are many factors to take into consideration. More complex pieces often need a mold with many interlocking pieces.
Once your mold dries, you're ready to start producing slip-cast pottery!
Slip Casting Barcelona Workshop
If you're interested in learning how to work with slip casting, don't miss this upcoming workshop in Barcelona.
All about mold making and slip casting: 24-hour workshop, divided into 6 sessions of 4 hours each.
- learn about working with plaster - a very important tool in the ceramics workshop
- make your own molds: multi-parts molds, press stamps, roller stamp molds and press molds
- work with white and colored slips
- learn how to care for the pieces once removed from the plaster molds
You will be surprised by the infinite possibilities that the use of plaster adds to your projects!
- Previous experience with ceramics is desirable
- Classes are comprised of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10 people to ensure personalized attention
- All the of the materials and tools are provided, including work clothes
Next available dates 2021
24-hour course divided into 6 sessions of 4 hours each.
July 19th to 24th
Monday to Saturday, from 10:00 to 14:00 h
Prices include all materials, firings and the use of tools