Intensive Ceramics Course in Barcelona
February 3, 2020 - April 25, 2020
This full-time course is an innovative 3-month intensive offered twice per year. The course is designed to help you achieve a high level of professionalization within the field of contemporary studio ceramics and is the first of its kind to be offered in Spain.
In this course you are encouraged to deepen your knowledge and develop your own style of work. You will be introduced to a broad spectrum of production skills: learning about clay types, surface decoration, glazing and firing processes. Furthermore, you will explore the possibilities of clay through practical studio work.
Included in the course
- 300 hours of teaching
- Daily group and individual tutorials in the mornings, 5 days per week
- Demonstrations, visual talks, trips to galleries, museums and private workshops of local artists
- Personal space for independent practice and project-based work during the evenings. This space includes access to a wheel, table and shelves.
- All materials, glazes, and firings
Achieve international standards of excellence through quality of teaching, life-enriching experiences and close relationships with students.
Fostering students' creativity and connecting them with renowned international ceramic artists, as well as many talented artists who live and work in our region.
Create an inclusive environment where artists are free to express themselves creatively, becoming a center for diversity and acceptance through common interests.
Access to the studio in the district of Poblenou will be available at all times 24/7, and students will learn from each other within a vibrant and inspiring community of potters.
Assessment and final exhibition
Student's work will be evaluated with continuous group and individual assessments throughout the course. Deadlines and good timekeeping will be encouraged to deepen and enhance individual development. At the end of the course students will present a body of work for individual assessment and set up an exhibition open to the public.
Skills needed for enrollment
Previous experience working with clay is preferred, but not required. Applicants should show an ability for visual awareness and creativity. You will be asked to provide any supporting materials such as any previous ceramics or artowrk, drawings, sketchbooks, etc.
- February 3rd to April 25th, 2020
- September 14th to December 11th, 2020
Full-time course Monday to Friday: Taught classes from 10am-2pm. Project based studio practice from 3-7pm. Group and Individual tutorials each day.
- Maximum of 9 students per class
- Accommodation is not included but we are happy to offer information or recommendations
- Languages spoken are English, Spanish and Catalan